6 Tips to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night Sooner
2. Set a Routine: Do certain things every night before going to bed. Soon enough your child will begin to associate things like reading and quiet music with sleep. Also pick a time to put baby in bed at everyday, so that they develop a consistent routine.
3. Allow for Settle Down Time: Just like you, it can be hard for baby to find a comfortable position to sleep in, so give them time to relax in bed. If you find them fussing or crying talk quietly to them while stroking their back until they relax.
4. Use a Pacifier: Using a pacifier may be all your baby needs to settle down. Sleeping with a pacifier has also proven to reduce the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
5. Do Not Share Your Bed: If you let your child lay down in your bed it can make it harder to adjust to their own crib, and delay the amount of time before they can sleep through the night in their own bed.
6. Put Your Baby to Bed Tired: By putting them in bed still awake, you will help them learn that nighttime is associated with the process of falling asleep. If you put them in their crib already asleep, they won’t remember being tired and resting in bed.