The Graco® Smart Seat™ All-in-One car seat is the ultimate in car seat longevity. This convertible car seat fits your child from 5-100 lbs & features a convenient stay-in-car base so you only have to install the base one time! For your child's safety, the Smart Seat™ has been side impact tested & SafeSeat Engineered. Both the car seat & the car seat base are steel-reinforced for strength and durability. For parent's ease of use, there is a one-hand height adjustable head rest with no-thread harness as well as an on-the-go recline so you can recline your child without having to re-install the seat.
NHTSA has recognized Graco’s Smart Seat with the highest government rating for Ease of Use in all Modes. All car seats rated by NHTSA meet Federal Safety Standards & strict crash performance standards. While all rated seats are safe, they do differ in their ease of use in four basic categories: evaluation of instructions, vehicle installation features, evaluation of labels, and securing the child. Smart Seat received a five star rating in this evaluation.
- Rear-facing in a harness from 5-40 lbs, forward facing in a harness from 20-65 lbs. then as a belt-positioning booster from 30-100 lbs.
- SafeSeat Engineering - Engineered & Crash Tested to Meet or Exceed US Standard FMVS213:
- Side Impact Tested* (*In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable US safety standards, the SmartSeat™ car seat has been side impact tested for occupant retention with the built-in 5 point harness system and with a standard vehicle harness system when in high back booster mode. Please consult your vehicle's owner's manual for more specific information on the performance of your vehicle's safety belt system.)
- New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) – peak crash force approximately 2X Car Seat Standard
- Extreme Car Interior Temperatures
- Convenient, stay-in-car base with belt lock off for one time install (LATCH equipped)
- Steel-reinforced frame & car seat base provides strength and durability
- Locking indicators on seat & stay in car base to help ensure proper installation
- Integrated harness storage compartment holds the harness straps that are not in use while in the belt positioning booster mode
- Easy-to-read level indicator on the seat, helps eliminate installation guesswork
- No Re-thread harness for quick & easy harness adjustment
- One-hand, 6 position adjustable head rest for your growing child
- On-the go, 5-position recline so you can recline child while in use
- EPS, energy absorbing foam liner
- Flip-up armrests makes it easy for child to get in & out of car seat
- Child's cup holder keeps child's drink close by
- Machine-washable seat cushion
- Metal and plastic parts may be cleaned with mild soap and water.
- Buckle may be cleaned with a damp cloth
- Harness straps may be spot cleaned
Weight: 33 lbs
Dimensions: 20.5" W x 21" D x 25" H
Rear-facing in harness 5-40 lbs.
Forward facing in a harness from 20-65 lbs
Belt-positioning booster from 30-100 lbs.
As recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics, children 4 feet 9 inches tall or under should ride in a belt-positioning booster seat.
The American Academy of Pediatricians recommends that children be rear facing until age 2 or until they reach the maximum rear facing height and weight rating for their seat and that child stays harnessed as long as possible.